Did you hear about the new Olympic sport? It’s called ‘Slap Face’. Check it out…
So it’s been almost a week since you’ve seen anything on this here blog or twitter get updated.
There’s a reason for that: I started my new job Tuesday.
With the new job comes a new office with new rules and new people. Here’s the skinny so far:
- It’s 78 miles from our driveway to my new office :0( (I have to work in Greensboro for a couple of months, and then my drive will be much shorter).
- In 78 miles, I do not pass a single Starbucks :0(
- There is free coffee at work :0)
- The free coffee at work is terrible :0(
- There is a cafeteria at work where I can buy better coffee :0)
- That coffee is also pretty terrible :0(
- The pens at work are very nice :0)
- I am not allowed to use iTunes anymore :0(
- I am not allowed to use Twitter anymore :0(
- I am not allowed to use Facebook anymore :0(
- So far I have listened to three sermons, one episode of ‘Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me’, and half an episode of “This American Life” on the road to and from work :0)
- My blog is not on the list of stuff I’m not allowed to mess with at work :0)
- It takes me about 10 minutes to walk from my car to my cube :0|
- They give out free newspapers at the door :0)
- The cubes at work are very short, so we can stand up and see each other :0)
- The office is always freezing cold :0(
- I walk through a huge factory where they make gas pumps on the way to my cube :0)
- They have assigned me a very nice, very patient brother in Christ to teach me everything I need to know :0)
- My first day my teammates took me out to lunch and we ended up collectively witnessing to out manager the whole time :0) :0) :0)
I’ll have to update you some more when there’s time!
One of the best things about Mondays at my office is that we get free donuts (usually).
Yesterday, I ate this particular one… it came in a box that had several more just like it. This indicates to me that it was not an accident that only half of the donut has sprinkles.
Someone actually went out of their way to intentionally put sprinkles on exactly half of this thing… does that make sense to anyone?
Would sprinkling the whole thing put the sugar content so high that it would be downright inhumane to sell these things…
Help me out…